Creamy Dreamy Torte - The Revive Cafe Cookbook 6
This beautiful plant-based cake will be the centrepiece of any table.
Makes: 8 large slabs or 16 small slabs.
¾ Cup Cashew Nuts
¾ Cup Almonds
¾ Cup Brazil Nuts
3 Cups Dates
1 ½ Cups Dried Apricots
3 Tablespoons Carob Powder
12 Strawberries Sliced
2 Cups Cashew Nuts
1 ¼ Cups Water
- Cut three circles out of baking paper that will fit into a non-stick spring form 21cm round tin.
- Put all nuts, dates, apricots and carob powder into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Put one sheet of paper into the bottom of the tin. Put 2 ½ cups of the mixture into the tin and press down firmly.
- Repeat so you have three layers in the tin separated by baking paper.
- Put in the freezer to firm up for at least one hour. You can keep this in the freezer for several weeks until you are ready to assemble and serve.
- Make the cashew nut cream and slice strawberries ready for assembly.
- Transfer the top layer to the serving plate. Smother with cashew cream. Keep cream away from the edges as it will spread once the next layers are on. Layer on the strawberries and repeat for all three layers.
- Garnish top layer with bigger pieces of fruit and a sprinkle of nuts.
Want more mouth watering dessert recipes? This recipe and 79 more delicious plant-based recipes can be found in The Revive Cafe Cookbook 6 - Jeremy Dixon.