Korean Tofu Tacos with Honey Soy Marinade - The Revive Cafe Cookbook 6
9 soft corn tacos
680g tofu, very finely chopped
2 teaspoons oil
4 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
2 teaspoons chilli puree or freshly chopped chilli
2 teaspoons ginger puree or freshly chopped ginger
4 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
4 cups iceberg lettuce, sliced very finely
1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
Sweet chilli sauce
- Lightly fry tofu for five minutes or until firm
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large cup, drizzle over hot tofu and cook for a further five minutes or until all absorbed.
- Chop lettuce, coriander and spring onions. Stir rice vinegar, lime juice and tamari in a cup and mix in with the green vegetables.
- Warm the corn tacos on a non-stick pan for a couple of seconds. Sometimes, if they are dry, you may need to spray with or dip them in water briefly.
- Lay out the tacos on your counter and spoon on the tofu mix followed by the green salad ingredients. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce or relish of your choice.
- Pick up each taco by the sides and place on serving plates. Typically 3 per person.
This recipe and 79 more easy plant-based recipes from the Revive Cafe, Auckland's popular vegan cafe, can be found in The Revive Cafe Cookbook 6 - Jeremy Dixon.